Jan 2, 2014

A note from Grandma Froggy

Gabe admiring a sweet rod!
My young grandson moved to Hood River at a young age. He and I fished for trout, bass, salmon. I was able to teach him the basics of fishing.

Gabe was 6 or 7 years old when he started dropping in at the Gorge fly shop. He asked lots of questions, admired lots of flies.

Gabe asked the shop to put pictures of him and most any fish he caught in the store window. The Gorge fly shop did that for him .

Make your own Caption!
The shop even helped Gabe out from time to time with flies and equipment. For no reason other then to be nice and support a little boys interest in fishing.

The little boy is now a 15 year old young man and is a fine fisherman. He still drops by the Gorge fly shop frequently.

I drop by from time to time when I need a new rod or reel . I find quality and reasonable prices. I can't resist a few new flies while I'm at it.



Thanks, Gorge fly shop,
Grandma Froggy


Learn more about Gabe in "What's up with Gabe".


Gorge Fly Shop
"Fly Fish the World with Us"


No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP