Sep 8, 2013

Gabes Review: Airflo Super Dri Elite Trout


I paired the Airflo Super Dri Elite, with my 5 weight Sage Launch.

Pros: This line glided through my guides like melting butter. I felt like I could cast into my backing. It has a firm but forgiving stiffness, that allowed for great fish fighting power. When casting, it laid out a very straight landing. For stripping it was very smooth feeling. It didn’t burn me when striping while setting the hook on big fish.

Cons: There really is not too much to complain about with this line. One thing that I noticed about it was when nymphing with a strike indicator, that extra drag made the tip of the line sink under the surface. This made it a little difficult to get a good hook set.

This line really seemed to be the all around performance line. I also got to fish some still water with it stripping heavy leach patterns, it performed outstandingly. I would definitely get this line if you were looking for a line that will get the job done for just about every freshwater fishery that you could think of. From short casting tiny dry flies to spring creek trout, or ripping a big streamer through deep dark hole’s for monster browns, this line will make your eyes grow!

Gabe


Greg Darling explaining the confusion with the Airflo Super Dri Elite line color.


"Fly Fish the World with Us"

No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP